Top 5 reasons why we need to clear brush and ivy from our roads:
1. It improves firefighter safety and makes it easier for them to work.
2. Firefighters won’t have to drive through a wall of flames to protect our homes.
3. Roadside brush clearing strengthens and widens the existing fire lines already created by roads. This helps all of us.
4. Retaining walls covered by ivy add a flammable material to an existing fire break.
5. The point of roadside edge clearing is to improve visibility for both citizens and emergency vehicles, reduce the chance of roadside edge fire ignition and to reduce heat in the event of a fire.
Here are the specs:
Unfortunately, the Dumpster Dive event will need to be moved to next weekend, June 19-20th. The Board apologizes for any inconvenience, but this was a Green Team delivery problem that could not be resolved on their end. Very disappointing.
Please hold on to those items and we will see you next weekend at the playground. The gate will open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 19th.
PLEASE TELL ALL OF YOUR NEIGHBORS. WE DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO DO EXTRA WORK!!