Top 5 reasons why we need to clear brush and ivy from our roads:
1. It improves firefighter safety and makes it easier for them to work.
2. Firefighters won’t have to drive through a wall of flames to protect our homes.
3. Roadside brush clearing strengthens and widens the existing fire lines already created by roads. This helps all of us.
4. Retaining walls covered by ivy add a flammable material to an existing fire break.
5. The point of roadside edge clearing is to improve visibility for both citizens and emergency vehicles, reduce the chance of roadside edge fire ignition and to reduce heat in the event of a fire.
Here are the specs: