Evacuation Route Workshops for Chemeketa Park
Posted: 10/25/2017 5:03pm
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY CREATE AN EVACUATION PLAN!
Emergencies are happening all around us. Wildfires have devastated the North Bay this fall, and came very close to our community with the Bear Fire. We had flooding and mudslides this past winter. Now is the time!
Gretchen Hayes, our representative from the FireSafe Council, has volunteered to assist Chemeketa Park in developing an evacuation route as well as planning for a disaster.
Workshops held at the Clubhouse:
November 16th at 7:00 p.m.
November 18th at 10:00 a.m.
- Collect information on evacuation routes and preparation.
- Provide community input to the evacuation signage plan (arrows on signs and/or on the ground).
- Workshops offer guidance in deciding what to take, how to meet your neighbor and start the conversation about helping each other.
- Discuss the importance of keeping the vegetation clear along the evacuation route.
- Workshop goal is to start creating a “Go Bag” and begin making your checklist.
Please RSVP to Gretchen Hayes if you plan to attend (in order to have an adequate supply of materials). You can email her at: email@example.com